!!!NOW SELLING UNSCREENED MULCH AT $15 PER CUBIC YARD!!!
!!!NOW ACCEPTING SCRAP STEEL FREE OF CHARGE!!!
***Scrap steel must be free of other debris and materials. Old lawn mowers and other equipment are accepted as longs as all fluids have been removed/drained. Non-freon containing appliances are accepted as long as they do not contain polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Freon-containing appliances are accepted at the Monument Waste Transfer Station.
Location: Approximately 1 mile east between Sand Flats Road and Potato Salad Road.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
Wednesday & Saturday: 9:00am-1:00pm
Sundays & Holidays: Closed
The Moab Landfill is limited to receiving only construction/demolition (C&D) debris and green/yard waste. Materials that meet this criteria includes bricks, concrete, asphalt, rocks, roofing shingles (non-asbestos), tree roots, sheet rock, remodeling or building repairs, pavement/house/commercial building demolition (non-asbestos), tree limbs, grass clippings, leaves, weeds, garden waste. Tires can be accepted for recycling, not burial and disposal. The Solid Waste District contracts to have tires sent offsite for energy recovery, recycling, and repurposing.
The following items are prohibited from the Moab Landfill:
- Cardboard (effective June 1, 2019)
- Household Trash/Garbage
- Furniture (e.g., mattresses, couches, tables, etc.) | ACCEPTED UNDER NEW BULKY WASTE DIVERSION PROGRAM
- Asbestos-containing materials (all types)
- Petroleum Contaminated Soils
- Universal Waste (mercury-containing thermostats, batteries, light bulbs)
- Hazardous Materials/Waste
- Animal Carcasses
- Railroad Ties and other similar treated wood
- Special Waste (e.g., petroleum contaminated soils, sludge, septage)
- Biohazardous Waste
- Hot Ash